In this class, we will be focusing on preparing the students for their upcoming PSLE.
(1) Strengthen students' understanding on topical concepts and common misconceptions.
(2) Introduce problem solving strategies such as models drawing, units & parts method, double 'Ifs' questions, constant difference technique, etc.
(3) Illustration of techniques to problems while focusing on key concepts(to ensure students understand the linkage of the procedures to undertake when concepts are tested in different contexts)
(4) Exposure to common examinations-style questions to make sure students recognise how examinations questions are phrased and will then be able to sieve out crucial informations for their problem solving procedures.
(5) Intensive revisions as examinations approach by use of mind maps, practice worksheets & past years examination papers
Throughout the year of learning, although much emphasis will be placed on examination preparation, I also believe in the importance of constant encouragements and motivations for the students.
The learning environment for the class will be nurturing and motivating while encouraging students to strive for individual excellence.